.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

I can't imagine anything possibly going wrong with this


Sara rematerialized beneath Mark, grinning up at him with her arm extended.  She tossed him gently onto the bed, where he nonetheless bounced until the springs squealed.  Sara took a step closer, and then her feet left the floor.  She stood there, hovering a foot above the ground, reveling in the new sensation of weightlessness.

"That shouldn't be possible," Mark said. "None of what superheroes do, none of it is possible by basic laws of physics and biology."

"You're going to have to rethink science, Mark," Sara chirped, "Or else you're going to have to come to terms with magic."

"I don't believe in magic."

"But this is real!  Why deny it?" Sara said.  "This is the greatest thing that ever happened to me.  To anyone!  Ever!  It's better than winning a hundred lotteries back to back...Oh, my God!  I made myself immortal!  I'm never going to get old!  I really am a goddess!"

"Yeah, great," Mark said.  he sounded less than enthusiastic.

"You're jealous?" Sara said.

"Maybe.  But maybe the character generator has more than one charge in it.  Who wouldn't want power like yours? But, Sara, I've been reading superhero comics and fantasy novels for a long time.  There are rules to situations like this.  These things never end well.  Either you're going to go mad with power, or there's going to be some horrible ironic monkey-paw twist that leaves one or both of us miserable."

Sara began to look defensive, but she softened abruptly.  "You're lucky I can read minds.  I was going to accuse you of wanting to ruin the greatest day of my life.  But you really care about me, don't you?"

"I don't want to see you hurt.  And I don't want to lose you."

Sara beamed.  "No chance of that.  I'm yours forever." She leaned in and gave him a tender kiss on the lips.  Mark pulled back just a bit.

"Scared?" she asked.

"You're ten to the fifteenth times more powerful to me.  A slight slip could pulverize me."

Sara giggled again. "Don't worry.  I'm in control.  I haven't destroyed any of your furniture yet, have I?"

"Do you want to?" Mark asked dubiously.

"Yeah!" Sara said, her eyes lighting up.  "I really want to cut loose, and destroy some things.  Oh, don't worry.  I can read your worry like a book.  I'm not going to go Godzilla or anything.  I just want a little smashing time to get it out of my system."

Mark regarded the sex goddess that his girlfriend had become.  As different as she looked, she was still Sara, always up for a good time.  "So, like, maybe a junkyard or something?"

Sara's grin turned a little wicked.  "Or something.  It's not like I really have to worry about consequences now, do I? For instance, you hate your landlord, right?"

The humor left Mark's eyes. "Now, Sara, this is exactly the sort of thing I was worried about.  You can't just go attacking people because..."

"Oh, I wasn't going to hurt anyone," Sara said, sounding a little hurt.  "But I might do a little property damage on the way out." With that she puckered her lips and blew a kiss at the wall.  The force of her breath was enough to blow out an exterior wall.  Mark, who had been standing next to the pocked hurricane, was caught up in the sudden vacuum and was forced out through the gaming hole that Sara had made.  He wound up face down in the mud, scratched and bruised.

"Oh!" Sara cried, not realizing the force of her blast.  She was at Mark's side in a split-second.  "Are you all right?"

"Unintended consequences," Mark muttered, getting up to a sitting position. Fortunately, he did not have any serious injuries.  He looked at the gaping hole that looked into his apartment.  "Really?" he asked.  "You had to trash my apartment? I had a security deposit, you know."

"Oh, Mark, we don't need to worry about money anymore," Sara chided.  "I can take care of everything.  Anything you want, it's yours."

"Sara, that was my home."

"I'll make you a palace," she said reassuringly.  "People will give us millions just for a look at me and what I can do. Oh, look, you're filthy."  She began rubbing some of the crud off of Mark's face.  Some things didn't change.

"Yeah, I need a shower.  Unless you want to destroy that, too."

"Maybe I will," Sara teased.  They both knew it was a matter of time before emergency crews responded to the blast.  A shower was probably out of the question. Then Sara's eyes lit up with an idea.  She stood up and flickered for a second.  Mark felt a breeze and realized that she had just traveled at lightspeed again.  Then, she reached under his arms and gently lifted him, cradling him against her spectacular bosom. He couldn't help but nuzzle her breasts a little.

"Nice, huh?" she laughed.  "I don't blame you.  I turn myself on.  And I'm going to take you somewhere we can both shower together.  You can see me in all my glory."

"The gym?"

"No, silly. Hawaii.  Remember that vacation we took two years ago, when we hiked to that waterfall? The water was so clean and pure.  I want to go there right now.  With you."

Mark thought of a million reasons why that was a bad idea. "But the computer...!" was the first one that sprang to mind.

"Is locked with a new unbreakable password," Sara said. That's what she had been doing in the microsecond she had left.

"Which you're going to tell me, right?" Mark asked dubiously.

"Eventually," Sara said.  "I want to enjoy being the earth's sole goddess for a while.  But you'll get your turn.  I'm going to need a mate, of course.  Imagine what our children are going to be like!"

Every instinct in Mark's brain told him that trouble was looming on the horizon, but he was increasingly powerless to resist anything Sara asked of him.  Maybe it was her mental powers.  Maybe he was just really horny.  Maybe the thought of fathering a race of gods won out over any rational objection he might have.

"Hawaii, then?" he asked meekly.

"That's the spirit!" Sara said cheerfully.

1 comment:

  1. This is like a train wreck in slow motion. Sara is going to get out of control . . .

    Cheers
    Zapper

    ReplyDelete